Monday, October 26, 2009

Back to Reality

It was so nice having family visit me here in Korea, but now my place feels so empty. The nine days that my cousin and her husband were here went by so quickly! I don't have any pictures from the time they were here, but I'll soon get them after they get settled back home and upload their pictures! Here's a quick breakdown of what we did...

The first Saturday they were here, I met them in Gyeryong (a small city south of West Daejeon). From there, with her relatives, we went to Sangju in Gyeongsangbuk Province. It was her Grandfather's birthday, so we went to go spent the night out in the country/mountains with them. It was really nice out there - the air was so clean, and even though we surrounded by the nature, our accomodation (a small shack/bungalow nearby) was very modern. It is even nicer than the place I'm at now. =_= Their family was very warm and welcoming. Gah, I miss family!

We ate a lot of delicious food and called it a night early. The next morning, we woke up early for breakfast (more delicious food), then went for a short hike up the mountains. After church service, we had another delicious meal, and made the long trip back to Seoul. It took almost five hours total to get back to my place. We were all exhausted, but I took them to Seohyun Station to do a little shopping and eat some delicious meat! So yummy!

During the week, they went out to Seoul everyday, exploring different tourist sites. I had work and I get off late, so I feel bad that I was not able to take them out anywhere. It just so happened to be a really busy week, too. We did get to eat some more meat Tuesday night, and I ordered chicken for them Monday night. All about the good food here!

The following Saturday, I met them back in Gyeryong to spend their last day with them. My cousin's relatives took us around the area. The original plan was to go hiking up Daejeon Mountain, but it was uber crowded. So somewhere along the way, we made it to Buyeo (previous capital of Baekje Kingdom?). We stopped by a museum for a bit, then ate some traditional food. I ate snails! We walked around for a bit, visited a lotus garden, then headed back to Gyeryong. I spent the night there and early in the morning, came back to Seoul.

On Sunday, some friends and I played in a charity volleyball tournament. I had high expectations for our team and was really looking forward to playing some normal indoor volleyball (6 people on the court, instead of 9). Unfortunately, we lost... It was really unsatisfying, so afterwards, my friend and I went to Bucheon to play some more volleyball. There was no one at practice, and we only played doubles, but it was fun. And we got a free dinner out of it, too! It's nice being the youngest, and the only girl. Hehe. Anyways, it was a good six hours total of intense volleyball, and I am sore all over today, so I wasn't able to go for my run tonight. It's been too long since I've gone running...

I had a really good time with family visiting. But now, it's time to recover and it's back to my life here in Korea. Work work work on the weekdays (plus running?), and try to go out and do things, anything!, on the weekends. I'll update with pictures soon!~

No comments: