Thursday, May 21, 2009

Teacher's Day

So last Friday was Teacher's Day in Korea. It felt like my birthday, except ten times better! I got way more presents than I did on my last birthday (not even joking)! And there were snacks, food, cake, cookies, presents... what can I say, it was a good day! ^^

Here are all the presents I got:

^^




Oh my goodness, this cake is sooo delicious.
I have a piece every morning - it's the first thing I do when I wake up.
Perfect way to start my day! :)














A lot of presents, huh? I don't think that I've received this many gifts in a long time. As you can see, most of the presents are either food, coffee, soap, or body wash - perfect, either I can use it or eat it! Too bad all teachers got the same gifts from their students and it wasn't personalized, but it was nice to be appreciated. I loved reading the cards most. What the (older) students wrote inside meant more to me than any box of delicious cookies or candies!

More to come later... peace!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that was really nice. The handwritten cards were nice.

So, I see you got a lot of beauty products. I wonder what male teachers get.

Some of the gifts seem pretty extravagant! That's not just any cake, it's a gâteau, which usually has custard. Also, Guylian Belgian chocolates?! I don't usually like chocolate but I really like those seashell chocolates. I hope you're enjoying all your edible gifts slowly.

Liz Park said...

hello! I came across your blog while looking for information about poly school on google. the pictures and info you provided were helpful but I had a few questions. would you recommend working for poly? and which area would you recommend between Ilsan and Bundang? Okay well if you could answer these questions and provide me with any other useful info on the school... it would be awesome! thanks.. my e-mail address is epark617@gmail.com