Thursday, April 9, 2009

Field Trip Time!

Work has been exhausting! I'm at the school almost fifty hours a week; and man, the ten hour days are just killer. BUT... I'm not going to complain - I came to Korea to work and save up money, so I gotta do what I gotta do.

On a good note, the old hagwon that I worked for finally paid me! Finally! As time went on, it seemed that I wasn't going to get paid from them and I was pretty disappointed that I didn't save any money the first time around. But hey, whattayaknow, a turn for the better, and now there's actually money in my bank account! And even better, the exchange rate has gone down - $1 is roughly 1330 won. That sure is better than $1 to 1500 (when I came back to Korea). Hopefully, over the next year it'll continue go down even more. Knock on wood. That way, I'll be able to reach my goal of saving at least $20,000 this year.

Anyways, to the fun stuff and picture time! This time will be pictures of the kids at my school, next post will be of my 'hood. So today POLY School students went to the Bundang Police Station. The kids were so cute in their little yellow POLY sweats that they all wear on field trip days. When we got to the police station, they went for short rides in the police car, some got to fire a gun (simulated ?), watched a short video, had snacks, and tried on some hats. They were just so darn cute! Maybe it was just a lot better than teaching lessons...

Kids antsy and waiting to go inside
I know I'm not supposed to play favorites, but the boy on the left - hands down, my favorite!

He's adorable!!!

Brave being silly!

Some of the kids in my class playing dress-up

Waiting to see the officer fire the gun

The kids sitting are my class - Rose Class

Aren't the kids cute?! I really love teaching Kindergartners!

Oh! Since I got paid, I was thinking of getting a new phone (since my older phone is quite old, and the touch sensors always go beserk on me). How does the LG Ice Cream look?
In pink! ^^;;


There's actually the Ice Cream 2 out, but it's more expensive. I'm not really sure what the differences are either. I read somewhere that the Ice Cream 2 has a bigger screen, but is not yet unlocked. When I looked at the phones, they looked the same to me. I'll have to do a little more research since I can't even get the phone until I get my Alien Registration Card (in less than two weeks). I did check out the Ice Cream though and I liked it!

I'm so glad tomorrow is Friday! TGIF! Looking forward to a good weekend - going to Namiseom Island on Saturday, then planning to go to Bucheon on Sunday to play some volleyball and get together with some friends. I should get some sleep, long day tomorrow!

Take care!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, the kids are required to wear yellow sweats and backpacks for field trips only or is it a uniform for class in general? How come some girls are in pink? Why is the sky blue (it's so sunny in the pics)? That's some nice hardwood flooring for a police station. Not that mine is any better, but their haircuts scare me.

How many cell phones have you gone through?

Wow, the word verification for this post is "wally."