Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I guess I'm Korean after all...

Hey all! Just listing a few random things that have me more Korean-ized (who would have thought that was possible):
  • I brush my teeth in the bathroom after dinner.
  • I get into the front seat of the taxi.
  • I have Nate-on (messenger service, basically the Korean version of AIM).
  • I have a Cyworld (Korean version of Facebook).
  • I like going to the Norebang (kareoke).
  • I wear heels almost every day.
  • I watch Korean dramas and TV shows... without the subtitles! But I don't understand everything. Actually, I don't understand most of it. Haha.
  • I have no problem letting a guy hold my purse.
  • I buy stuff from Gmarket.com.
  • I have said "Aigoo" more than once... today.
  • I always have some poppy Korean song stuck in my head.
  • I send so many text messages. (Mainly because calls are so darn expensive... 36 cents a minute for foreigners!)
  • I have bangs.
  • I eat Kimchi every every every day.
  • I go to the Jimjilbang (despite my first experience there...).
  • I've been eating outside of my comfort zone - I have tried soondae (blood sausage) and it was so yummy! I'm probably not brave enough to try 산낙지, San nak ji (live octopus). But... I think I will probably try dog meat before I leave. Sorry!
  • I use very Asian emoticons, like ^^, *^^* (one of my favorites.. looks better in a text), ㅠ.ㅠ, ^^;;, o_O, ㅜㅜ, -.-, ^.~, and so much more. Not to mention, I laugh like this now... ㅋㅋㅋ (translated to kekeke).
Hmm, what else is there? I'm sure the list will continue to grow as I spend more time here!

Side note: It's freezing here! Actually it's below freezing. Right now, at 5:40 pm, it is -1 degrees celsius! Below ZERO!!! Brr....

1 comment:

` said...

I too am Korean.