Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Greetings from Bucheon!

Hello! 안녕하세요!

I'm here, in Korea! I'll be in 부천 (Bucheon) for the next year teaching English; it's a decent-sized city located somewhere in between Incheon (the airport) and Seoul. Right now, I'm at a PC방 (PC Bang) - literally, a room full of computers! I haven't set up internet at my apartment yet, so until I do, I'll be here. Internet's $1 for one hour.

I love it here! Despite the long Visa process, and at times thinking that I wouldn't be able to make it to Korea on time, I'm here and looking back, it was all worth it. The neon lights illuminate the sky; it's really beautiful. (Pictures soon, don't worry!) The lights are ten times brighter than Hong Kong and maybe even brighter than the Las Vegas lights. The streets are lined with restaurants, shops, and more... I can't wait to walk around and do some exploring tomorrow.

My apartment is a lot bigger than I expected - there's even a built in washer/dryer! That was definitely a nice surprise. The school that I'm going to be working at is about a five minute walk from my apartment. So convenient!

I'm exhausted... going to head back and unpack a little before passing out! How are the Olympics going? I miss you all, keep in touch!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

miss you too
good to hear from you
have fun and enjoy
let us know if you need anything

Anonymous said...

Hey Jessie. Glad to hear you're safe. I'll be checking often for updates on your adventures. Remember, if you have any sort of problems, technical or otherwise, you have a full support team back here. Have fun, be safe, and don't be a ding-dong.

melly said...

hi jessie. i miss you already.

Anonymous said...

Jessie. Get some rest first and recharge yourself to your max. Then start your adventures. :-) Have a good flight? Are we glad we all have computer to communicate even thousands miles away! Need anytime, just let me know. I can mail it to you from work (free mailing)!!

Unknown said...

hey jessie! yay for gettign to korea. hope you have fun teaching the kids and take pictures wtih them. :] i just finished signing up for classes and i got 3 out of the 4 that i wanted. and getting in touch wtih your friends! thanks for introducing them to me. miss youuu!
(i'll keep sending you pictures of panda stuff on fb. ;] )